Employment African Australian Jobseekers
Somali Women Development Association Inc. is one of the African community organizations funded through the Victorian African Communities Action Plan Employment Brokers Initiative Somali Women Development Association Inc. and with partner organizations are working to engage and host African community employment brokers to support African Australian Jobseekers.
The objective of the initiative is to support African Australian job seekers who:
- Are experiencing long-term unemployment
- Are at risk of long-term unemployment
- Lack adequate support through other services to become job ready and gain and retain employment
The Victorian Government has committed $993,000 to support community organisations with significant reach into Victoria’s African communities deliver African community employment brokerage services. The initiative will achieve this by:
- supporting community organisations to engage community employment brokers and develop partnerships with JVEN providers to support job seekers of African heritage into long-term employment
- connecting African Australian job seekers in Victoria with existing job networks
- contributing to a more coordinated and streamlined suite of culturally responsive employment-related services for African job seekers.
- Employment brokers and host community organisations will be provided with training and support as needed. Funding provided through the initiative will support costs associated with recruiting and hosting community employment brokers, and with partnering with a JVEN provider.
Here is the funded community organizations
|Somali Women Development Association Inc.||Flemington|
|Banyule Community Health (Himilo Community Connect)||West Heidelberg|
|Kowanj Australia Pty Ltd||North Melbourne and Footscray|
|Ubuntu Project||Inner Melbourne|
|Africause (previously African-Australian|
Multicultural Employment and Youth Services – AAMEYS)
|Spectrum Migrant Resource Centre||Broadmeadows|
|Afri-Aus Care Inc||Springvale|
Traditions & Partnership
Somali Women Development Association Inc. VACAP Employment Broker African Australian Jobseekers is supported by the Victorian Government.
Somali Women Development Association Inc. respectfully acknowledges and celebrates the Traditional Owners of the lands throughout Victoria and pays respects to their Elders of past, current and future generations.